Identifying predictors of high risk among community college telecourse students. The American Journal of Distance Education, 5(1), 24-35.
33. Doherty,W.(2006). An analysis of multiple factors affecting retention in Web-based community college courses. Internet and Higher Education 9, 245-255
34. Dowling, C., Godfrey, J. M., & Gyle, N. (2003). Do hybrid flexible delivery teaching methods improve accounting students’ learning outcomes? Accounting Education, 12(4), 373-391.
35. Dray, Barbara J. , Lowenthal, Patrick R. , Miszkiewicz, Melissa J. , Ruiz-Primo, Maria Araceli and Marczynski, Kelly(2011) ‘Developing an instrument to assess student readiness for online learning: a validation study’, Distance Education, 32: 1, 29 – 47
36. Duncan, T. G., & McKeachie, W. J. (2005). The making of the motivated strategies for learning questionnaire. Educational Psychologist, 40(2), 117?128
37. Dutton, J., Dutton, M. & Perry, J. (2002). How do online students differ from lecture students? Journal for Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN), 6(1), 1-20.
38. Ellis, R. (2004). Down with boring e-learning! Interview with e-learning guru Dr. Michael W. Allen. Learning circuits. Retrieved from. http://www.astd.org/ LC/2004/0704_allen.htm
39. Fadzil, M. & Munira, T.A. (2008) “Application of Artificial Intelligence in an Open and Distance Learning Institution”, IEEE 978-1- 4244-2328-6/08, pp. 1-7.
40. Frankola. K .(2001). Why online learners dropout. Workforce, October 10, 53-63.
41. Fritsch, H.(1988). Drop-out is a matter of definition. Hagen: FernUniversit?t, Zentrales Institut für Fernstudienforschung.
42. Frydenberg,J.(2007). Persistence in University Continuing Education Online Classes. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning.8(3)
43. Garcia-Saiz,.D.,& Zorrilla, M,E.(2011). Comparing Classification Methods for Predicting Distance Students’ Performance, Journal of Machine Learning Research – Proceedings Track,Vol.17, 2011, pp.26-32.
44. Gerlich, R. N., Mills, L. H., & Sollosy, M. (2009). An Evaluation of Predictors of Achievement on Selected Outcomes in a Self-Paced Online course. Research in Higher Education Journal, 4
45. Giles, I. (1999). An examination of persistence and dropout in the online computer-conferenced classroom. Unpublished dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic. retrieved February 3, 2011 from: http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-041999-174015/unrestricted/abstract.pdf
46. Gwekewverere,B.(2003). The persistence of online distance education learner. (M.S dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 1428926)
47. Hamalainen,W.,Vinni,M.(2006).Comparison of machine learning methods for intelligent tutoring systems. In Mitsuru Ikeda, Kevin Ashley, and Tak-Wai Chan, editors, Intelligent Tutoring Systems, volume 4053 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 525-534. Springer Berlin / Heidelberg.
48. Harrell, I. L.(2006). using student characteristics to predict the persistence of community college students in online courses. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 3216495)
49. Hatch,J,A.(2002). Doing qualitative research in education settings. Albany: State University of New York Press
50. Heather, B.(2006). Investigating the impact of e-learner cognitive style on the predictive value of student success in oline distance courses. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 3305623)
51. Hernandez,R,J.Development and validation of an instrument to predict online student success using faculty perceptions. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 3353583)
52. Herzog, S. (2006). Estimating student retention and degree-completion time: Decision trees and neural networks vis-à-vis regression. In J. Luan & C. Zhao (eds.), Data Mining in Action: Case Studies of Enrollment Management. New Directions for Institutional Research, no. 131. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
53. Holder,B.(2007) An investigation of hope, academics, environment, and motivation as predictors of persistence in higher education online programs. Internet and Higher Education 10, 245-260
54. Holmberg, B.1995. Theory and practice od distance education. Canada:Routledge
55. Hughes,D,J.(2002). A Comparison of student learning styles and retention in on-line and on campus courses at a community college (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database. (UMI No. 3076772)
56. Hung, M. L., Chou, C., Chen, C. H., & Own, Z. Y. (2010). Learner readiness for online learning: Scale development and student perceptions. Computers & Education 55 (2010) 1080-1090
57. Imbrie, P. K., Lin, J. & Malyscheff, A. (2008).Artificial Intelligence Methods to Forecast Engineering Students’Retention based on Cognitive and Non-cognitive Factors. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
58. Inan,F,A., Yukselturk,E.,& Grant,M,M.(2006). Profiling potential dropout student by individual characteristics an online certificate program. International Journal of Instructional Media.36(2)
59. Ivanova,A., Smrikarov,A.(2009). The New Generations of Students and the Future of e-Learning in Higher Education. International Conference on e-Learning and the Knowledge Society – e-Learning’09. Retrived February 13, 2013 from: http://www.iit.bas.bg/esf/docs/publications/TheNewGenerationsStudentsFutureE-learningHigherEdu.pdf
60. Jin,Q.,Imbrie, P. K & Lin, J. (2011). A Multi-Outcome Hybrid Model for Predicting Student Success in Engineering. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition
61. Jones, P., Packham, G., Miller, C., & Jones, A. (2004). An initial evaluation of student withdrawals within an e-learning environment: The case of e-College Wales. Electronic Journal on e-Learning, 2(1),113-120.
62. Joo, Y. J., Lim, K. Y., & Kim, S. M. (2012). A Model for Predicting Learning Flow and Achievement in Corporate e-Learning.
63. Educational Technology & Society, 15 (1), 313-325.
64. Joo,Y,J., Young ,& Sim ,W,J.(2011).Structural relationships among internal locus of control, institutional support, flow, and learner persistence in cyber universities. Computers in Human Behavior 27 ,pp 714-722
65. Jun, J. (2005). Understanding dropout of adult learners in e-learning. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA.
66. Kandell, J. J. (1998). Internet addiction on campus: The vulnerability of college students. Cyberpsychol. Behav. 1(1): 11-17.
67. Karamouzis,S,T.,Vrettos,A.(2008).An Artificial Neural Network for Predicting Student Graduation Outcomes. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science.
68. Keller, J.M. (1987). Strategies for stimulating the motivation to learn. Performance & Instruction, 26(8), 1-7.
69. Keller, J.M. (1999). Motivation in cyber learning environments. International Journal of Educational Technology, 1(1), 7-30
70. Kember,D.(1989). A Longitudinal-Process Model of Drop-Out from Distance Education. The Journal of Higher Education. 60(3), pp. 278-301
71. Kerr,M,S., Rynearson,K& kerr,M,C.(2006). Student characteristics for online learning success. Internet and Higher Education 9 ,91-105.
72. Khan, B.H., (1997).Web-Based Instruction. Educational Technology Publications, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
73. Khan, B.H., (2001) (Ed.), Web-based training. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications
74. Khanna,S., Kaushik,A& Barnela,M.(2010). expert systems advances in education. National Conference on Computational Instrumentation CSIO Chandigarh, INDIA, 19-20 March 2010,pp109-112
75. Koschmann, T. (1996). Paradigm shifts and instructional technology. In T. Koschmann (Ed.),CSCL: Theory and practice of an emerging paradigm (pp. 1-23). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum
76. Kotsiantis S.B. and Pintelas P.(2004). A decision support prototype tool for predicting student performance in an ODL environment, International Journal of Interactive Technology and Smart Education, 1(4), p.p. 253-263,.
77. Kotsiantis, S.; Pierrakeas, C.; Zaharakis, I.; Pintelas, P. (2003).efficiency of machine learning techniques in predicting students’ performance in distance learning systems. In Recent Advances in Mechanics and Related Fields, University of Patras Press, pp.297-306.
78. Kotsiantis,S,B.,& Pintelas, P,E.(2005). Comparing Regression Algorithms for Predicting Students Marks in Hellenic Open University.Proceedings of 5th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, July 5-8, 2005 Kaohsiung, Taiwan, pp. 664 – 668.
79. Kotsiantis,S.,Patriarcheas,K & Xenos,M .(2010).A combinational incremental ensemble of classifiers as a technique for predicting students’ performance in distance education. Knowledge-Based Systems (23)529-535.
80. Kova?i?, Z.J. (2010). Early prediction of student success : Mining students enrolment data. Proceedings of the Informing Science and Information Technology Education Joint Conference, Cassino, Italy. June19-24, 2010.
81. Kumar,S,A., M.N,V.(2011). efficiency of decision trees in predicting student’s academic performance. computer science & information technology. pp. 335-343.
82. Levy, Y.(2007). Comparing dropouts and persistence in e-learning courses. Computers & Education, 48, 185-204
83. Lim ,C, K (2001): Computer self?efficacy, academic self?concept, and other predictors of satisfaction and future participation of adult distance learners, American Journal of Distance Education, 15:2, 41-51
84. Lin,S,H.(2012). Data Mining for Student Retention Management.
Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, 27:4.pp 92-99.
85. Little, D. (2007). Language learner autonomy: some fundamental considerations revisited. Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching, 1 (1), 14-28.
86. Liu,S,Y., Gomez,J., &Yen,C,J.(2009). Community College Online Course